INTRODUCING OUR WORLD CLASS TRAINING FACILITY
Wednesday, 19 February 2020 | 10:00 – 15:00
BASED IN JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA
The Protekta Safety Gear Work at Heights division, in partnership with 3M Fall Protection, present the Protekta Work at Heights Facility Open Day.
JOIN US ON WEDNESDAY 19 FEB 2020
Our Team are excited to meet with you and expose you to our new facility and offerings. The new offerings certified through 3M’s International standard are bound to set a new benchmark in South Africa. Come experience it for yourself. 60min will give you sufficient time to attend a workshop, view our World Class Work at Heights Training Facility and meet our experienced team of Work at Heights experts.
- There will be three workshops that you can attend, which focus on key Work at Heights topics.
- Select an hour that suits you best between 10:00 and 15:00. Each workshop is 20min in length.
- Our experienced team will also be available to discuss our range of products, training courses and services with you.
Please confirm your interest by completing the short form below. We look forward to meeting with you.
WORKSHOP 1: CONFINED SPACE WORKSHOP
Begins at 10:00 | 11:00 | 12:00 | 13:00 | 14:00
- Selecting appropriate breathing apparatus (Respirators, PAPR (Powered air-purifying respirator) and SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).
- Ensuring sufficient attachments from Access to Egress of a Confined Space (Including Rescue if required).
- Confined Space Management Program (The plan which covers all aspects of working in a confined space).
WORKSHOP 2: RESCUE WORKSHOP
Begins at 10:20 | 11:20 | 12:20 | 13:20 | 14:20
Demonstrating the most versatile piece of rescue equipment in the world – 3M DBI-Sala – R550. Four different types of rescues will be demonstrated.
- Deviation Rescue (Rescue horizontally)
- Ascending Rescue (Unconscious Casualty)
- Remote Rescue (Perform rescue whilst casualty is out of reach)
- Lifting capabilities (Integrate rescue unit with Power Drill)
Automatic Evacuation Demo using a Self-Retracting Lifeline to evacuate to the ground in case of emergency
WORKSHOP 3: COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS WORKSHOP
Begins at 10:40 | 11:40 | 12:40 | 13:40 | 14:40
- Selecting the appropriate communications system for the task at hand.
- Selection integration (How does it link up to your current communication system).
- Unique innovations (Push-to-talk, handsfree, ATEX, Bluetooth etc).
Subject matter experts will be showcasing innovative products and will be available to discuss topics of interest:
- Ear Fit Validation (Hearing Protection)
- Face Fit Testing (Respiratory Protection)
- Fall Protection For Tools (Dropping tools)
The 3M Safety van will be setup with a complete range of 3M product on display. Stations will cover the following points:
– Work Place Problems
– Demands and Trends in modern society
– Selection (Understand PPE compliance)
– Fit Validation
LOBO WORK AT HEIGHTS PLATFORM
Lobo demonstrations will be performed to display an alternative means of access which can be built by a single person quickly and easily allowing the user to gain access of up to 10m free-standing without a single tool being used.
Visual and Non-visual tagging:
Visual tagging (Scafftag) for Scaffolding, Fire and Emergency Equipment, Lifting Equipment, MEWP Tagging, Forklift Tagging etc.
Non-visual Tagging (Safetrak) of Fall Protection Equipment which is designed for RFID Inspection Purposes and Tracking – An online system to report and track all your Work at Heights gear ensuring it has been inspected and is safe for use.
Lock-out Tag Out:
A full range of Lock-out Tag Out solution for Hazardous Energy Control.
The REBEL Safety Gear team will be showcasing a range of safety boots and shoes suited to Working at Heights.
Wonder Grip® will be showcasing the latest innovations in hand protection with cut-resistant and chemical resistant gloves suited to Working at Heights.
Unit 3, Meadowdale Business Park, Herman St, Meadowdale, Edenvale, JHB